- 4/22/2017 7:30 AM - 4/22/2017 5:00 PM Add to Calendar
This live symposium will explore the current treatment paradigms for the multi-disciplinary treatment of Head and Neck Cancer (HNCA). Recent data on this topic will be covered to appraise the audience of these rapidly evolving findings, and expert faculty will instruct participants on the optimal application of these data through a series of panel discussions and case presentations.
Course Director: Nabil F. Saba, MD
This activity is intended for medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, dentists and other healthcare professionals who provide medical care for patients with head and neck cancer.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Select optimal therapy for locally advanced HNCA based on current recommendations and recent evidence.
- Employ recent data and current treatment guidelines in the management of premalignant oral lesions.
- Apply best practices when integrating radiotherapy in the management of patients with HNCA.
- Incorporate recent data from trials evaluating immunology in the management of HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer.
- Integrate robotic surgery in treatment plans for eligible patients with or opharyngeal cancer.
- Employ current treatment guidelines and best practices in the rehabilitation of patients with HNCA receiving chemoradiation.
- Describe the emerging role of proton therapy and identify which patients may benefit from this technology.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
The Emory University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
The Emory University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Event Documents
HSRB 1st Floor, Rollins AuditoriumEmory Health Sciences Research Building1760 Haygood DriveAtlanta, Georgia 30322
Emory Office of Continuing Education(404) 727-5695