The annual Winship Scientific Symposium seeks to highlight the outstanding research of Winship investigators, deepen our understanding of important topics and provide opportunities to cultivate collaboration. This year's symposium, organized around the theme Winship Cancer Institute: Where Science Becomes Hope, will take place on December 6th on the Emory campus.
- Keynote talk by Carl June, Professior of Immunology at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Faculty presentations on emerging topics that span basic, translational, patient experience and clinical care, and public health, survivorship and community outreach
- Poster competition and reception featuring student and trainee research
Schedule and Locations
Date: Friday, November 4, 2022
- 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. | Keynote and Scientific Talks
Health Sciences Research Building Auditorium
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. | Poster Competition and Reception
Woodruff Health Sciences Center Administration Building Lobby
Registration is complimentary and includes meals and refreshments.
Submit an Abstract (closed)
- Deadline to Submit an Abstract: October 24, 2022
- Eligibility: Students and trainees associated with Winship-affiliated investigators are encouraged to submit an abstract for poster presentation. All cancer-related abstracts submitted by eligible presenters will be invited to participate in the poster competition.
- Submission Requirements: Abstracts should be text only (no figures or images please) and should fit on one page. Include the abstract title and the names and affiliations of each author, with the presenter’s name(s) in bold. Upload your abstract with your registration. (Note: The abstract submission form requires a Google sign-in. Please contact the event organizer with any questions.)
- Poster Dimensions: Poster display boards are 45 inches high and 91 inches wide on the inside edge. Make sure your poster fits within these dimensions.
- Poster Reception and Competition: The poster reception and competition will be held on Friday, November 4, 2022, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., in the Woodruff Health Sciences Center Administration Building Lobby.
- Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top-scoring poster presenters.