Advancing Cancer Health Equity through
Evidence and Innovation
The Georgia Cancer Summit is co-hosted by Winship Cancer Institute, Georgia Cancer Control Consortium, Georgia CORE, and the Georgia Department of Public Health. Partners in this effort include the American Cancer Society, Georgia Cancer Center, Georgia Rural Health Association, Georgia Rural Health Innovation Center, Regional Cancer Coalitions of Georgia, Phoebe Cancer Center and the Lewis Cancer and Research Pavilion.
Registration for the 2024 Georgia Cancer Summit is now closed.
The goal of the 2024 Georgia Cancer Summit is to catalyze efforts to promote cancer health equity and reduce the burden of cancer in Georgia. Summit participants will:
- Learn how to apply health equity as an integral strategy for cancer prevention, control and research
- Learn best practices to advance cancer research, prevention and control throughout Georgia
- Hear about healthcare challenges facing rural Georgia and how public health and academic leaders are working to serve all communities
- Be able to network with other organizations that may lead to new partnerships
- Identify ways your organization can get more involved in advancing Georgia’s comprehensive cancer control objectives
The Georgia Cancer Summit is for public health professionals, health care providers, health advocates, researchers, community-based organizations, and others committed to improving cancer health equity in Georgia through cancer prevention and control and community-engaged research.
The fee for this live, in-person summit is $50 (payable by credit card).
A limited number of scholarships are available to assist with transportation and hotel costs for individuals associated with non-profit organizations, but documentation (such as a statement of need and/or a 990 form) must be presented for consideration. For more information on scholarships, please contact Kristina Forbes (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Georgia CORE.
Hotel Forty Five in Macon is where the welcome reception will take place and they have some rooms avaialble (our hotel block has expired).