- Online Registration
- 3/15/2019 5:00 PM - 3/16/2019 4:45 PM Add to Calendar
Dates and Location
- Friday, March 15 and Saturday, March 16, 2019
- Atlanta Evergreen Conference Resort
in Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Attendees will benefit from an intimate learning environment and the opportunity to meet and learn from local, national, and internationally recognized oncology leaders.
- Presentations and breakout sessions will cover some of the latest trends in early detection of cancer, chemotherapy safe handling, pancreatic cancer, nursing research, cardio-oncology, new oral agents, and much more.
- Participants will gain insight and strategies to self-preserve from compassion fatigue or burnout.
Keynote Speaker: Sharon Pappas, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN of Emory Healthcare
Topic: "Nursing in the 21st Century"
Dr. Pappas completed her PhD at the University of Colorado, Denver College of Nursing with a research focus on clinical and financial outcomes that are sensitive to nursing. In policy development, she completed five years of service on the Colorado Board of Nursing and served on the Governor's Task Force for Nurse Staffing. She holds a Master of Science in Nursing Administration from Georgia College, School of Nursing and a Bachelor of Science in nursing, from the School of Nursing, Medical College of Georgia.
Online registration is now open. Please feel free to contact Monique Jones for any questions or assistance.
Advance registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. The conference registration fee includes tuition, syllabus, electronic program materials, 3-course plated dinner, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks. To qualify for the early registration fees, your registration form must be postmarked by Feb. 15, 2019. Registration fees will not be refunded after Mar. 1, 2019. Emory employees, please check with your departments to see if they offer smart key payment prior to reserving.
- Full-time nursing student early registration (Nov. 30 - Mar. 1, 2019) - $75
- Emory early registration (Nov. 30, 2018 - Feb. 15, 2019) - $125
- Non-Emory early registration (Nov. 30, 2018 - Feb. 15, 2019) - $175
- Emory regular registration (Feb. 15 - Mar. 1, 2019) - $175
- Non-Emory regular registration (Feb. 15 - Mar. 1, 2019) - $225
- Late registration - all participants (after Mar. 1, 2019) - $235
A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Atlanta Evergreen Conference Resort and will be available at the discounted rate of $139 per night on a first come basis.
Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Attendees to this CNE activity will be awarded up to 8.0 contact hours by ENPDC.
No conflict of interest has been found with the speakers for this CNE activity nor with the members of the planning committee.
Call for Poster Abstracts
Are you working on a nursing quality improvement or research project? Consider submitting a poster abstract for the 11th Annual Winship Oncology Nursing Symposium! An abstract is a brief summary of a project that describes its objectives, methods, and results. A poster presentation showcases the process and outcomes of a project in a visually appealing manner. Your project does not have to be complete in order to submit a poster abstract! In addition, even if the results of your project were different from what was expected, creating a poster presentation is a worthwhile effort! Your oncology peers can learn a lot from the work you have done, regardless of the results.
If you have never created a poster before, contact planning committee member Renee Spinks for guidance. Poster abstracts cannot be larger than 4'x6' and are due Feb. 15, 2019. Authors of accepted poster abstracts are expected to be at their poster to present their work during the morning and afternoon breaks on Saturday, Mar. 16, 2019.
- Event Documents
Atlanta Evergreen Conference Resort4021 Lakeview DriveStone Mountain, Georgia 30083
Monique Jones(404) 778-5303